Awards were handed out Tuesday, August 11 at the annual meeting of the Boone Area Chamber of Commerce, and VPC Builders was awarded the everGREEN Award for Sustainability.
Friends, neighbors, entrepreneurs, business partners and local officials convened at Tweetsie Railroad on Tuesday night for the 66th annual meeting of the Boone Area Chamber of Commerce. Participants enjoyed fellowship, a cowboy barbecue buffet and live music provided by the Harris Brothers.
A special recognition President’s Award was given to Jeff Stanley of Wahoo’s Adventures in Boone, who started his business over 30 years ago after graduating from ASU. This award was given for Mr. Stanley’s enthusiasm and energetic spirit. The Boone Chamber had other award winners which included Sherri Moretz, who won the Wade Brown Award for Community Recognition. New River Light & Power and the North Carolina Agricultural Extension both were recognized as winners of the Alfred Adams Award for Economic Development, while the Ben Suttle Special Services Award for Volunteerism went to ACT- Appalachian State’s Applachian Community Together program. High Country Host won the Sue Wilmoth Award for the Advancement of Tourism and VPC Builders won the everGreen Award for Leadership in Sustainability.
The VPC Builders team is honored and blessed to be recognized by the community for our efforts in green building + sustainability tonight as the recipient of the everGREEN award at the Boone Chamber of Commerce annual meeting. Thank you to the local community and our loyal clients for your continued support!
Here are some articles about the event:
Boone Area Chamber Hosts Annual Meeting at Tweetsie, Recognizes Local Award Recipients – High Country Press
66th Annual Meeting Of The Boone Area Chamber Of Commerce – Watauga Democrat
Boone Chamber Hands Out Awards – GoBlueRidge
See below for Dan Meyer’s remarks when presenting the award:
Some of the goals of the everGREEN Committee have been:
- To help businesses or individuals increase the sustainability and resilience of their life styles through the application of Best Practices for energy and water conservation, purchase of local products and services
- To promote sustainable development by linking businesses or individuals interested in increasing their sustainability with green product and service providers/vendors
Along with these criteria, they reflected on the Mast General Store philosophy of reuse and renewal as they open and operate stores in areas of downtown business revitalization.
This years winner of the everGREEN Award for Leadership in Sustainability are masters at that.
They understand that there is a scale from good to better to best and they help their customers find the level that is right and SUSTAINABLLE for them.
As builders they know that every customer is not a potential LEED certified home customer but for those who are they can help them achieve that certification, even to LEED Gold.
“Doing the right thing while offering choice and control” is a powerful mantra.
And what about customer satisfaction? Here are a few of the many glowing testimonials:
- Your professionalism and “vision” for our house were an ideal combination. You always listened to us and went out of your way to confirm that what you were creating was always in line with what we wanted.
- The quality of the craftsmanship your crew, subcontractors and business contacts were all impressive. It is obvious that they all share yourpassion for excellence and quality.
- Your attention to detail and accessibility is unparalleled. Your commitment to staying within our budget and delivering the house on time has been well beyond our expectations. You always managed to remind us of the budget yet continually found a way to deliver “affordable quality.”
- I wish we had more money so we could build another house with you!
- This project was a dream come true. The staff was very helpful and professional. They had much experience with vendors in the area and our job foreman was a dream. “
SOMETIMES WE NEED HELP TO KNOW WHAT TO DO AND THAT WE CAN. This year’s winner certainly can do just that.
Please join us in to recognizing and congratulating VPC Builders, 2015 winner of the everGREEN Award for Leadership in Sustainability sponsored by Mast General Store.